If you are taking a cruise ship to Costa Maya Pier, youare probably thinking about spending less of your hard-earned vacation money tobetter enjoy your time on land. And it’s understandable due to the high ratescharged onboard, and we want to help you save a few dollars and enjoy ourcorner of the Caribbean!
Like in any other service, there are advantages anddisadvantages when buying online. Please be aware of this TO DO list beforemaking your purchase.
1. Compareat least 3 different tour operators: Think of your day off-ship as a small luxurypurchase, especially when booking for your whole family! To ensure you investyour limited time in Costa Maya, try to compare the different shore excursionsavailable, but not based solely on price. Check which archaeological sites theyvisit, which beach they stop at for “beach break” and where the snorkel toursgo. Not all tours are created equal, and we have dedicated ourselves to findingthe best locations for each of the above tours!
2. Read thereviews: Always look for NEGATIVE reviews so youcan have an idea of what people are complaining about. Also remember that VERYFEW OR NO REVIEWS aren’t precisely a bad thing. Most of the time, people willwant to make public a bad experience, which won’t necessarily happen if theexperience was positive.
3. Webdesign: The professionalism of the onlineexperience reflects on the in-person experience. If the operator put a lot ofwork and thought into explaining the tours and using good quality photographsof the experience, then it may be worth considering it that tour operator. Weknow, because our first website was so much work! But we doubled our effortsand put as much work into displaying our favorite areas to be as inviting aspossible when in the Costa Maya!
4. Ask if transportationis included: Some budget touroperators require you to meet at their office downtown to begin the tour. Theymay offer a lower initial price, but the hassel and cost of taxis can add asignificant amout to your day! We make sure all our tours have the round-triptransportation already factored into our quited price.
5. Inquire about group size: Some operators combine multiple groups in order tosave on costs. You might end up on a huge bus, crammed in like sardines! Weprefer small groups and are better able to personalize the experience
Now you know what to do if you’re planning your nextadventure in the Costa Maya. Good Luck and we look forward tomeeting you!